Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Keeping in Stride

Hello folks.  It's 11:36 PM on Tuesday night and I just finished sending out a few contracts for The Clean Comedy Clinic Inc.  We have a big tour coming up with my man Michael Hodges from Play It by Ear Productions out of Killeen, TX on May 9, 2015 right before Mother's Day.  We are looking forward to this.  Mothers are so very important to us all.  Without mothers where would we be? I love my mother so much although it seems like we are in that period of role reversal, where I'm telling her the things that she should be doing like she use to tell me many years ago.  I believe it's called the "circle of life."  That's where our parents took care of us and now we get to take care of them.  The operative word is "get".  Yes we don't have to take care of them, we get to take care of them.  In fact we don't have to do much of anything in life, we "get" to do things in life.  We've got to focus on that attitude.  I'm speaking to myself people.  I think they call it changing your trajectory.

Well I'm going to call it quits for the night.  We had a long day starting with the visiting nurse coming to the house at 8 AM to see my Mother.  I also got a call from my partner Sims, who works with me on Youth Vision Builders Inc. www.youthvisionbuilders.com, our youth mentor program in McDonough, GA.  We mentor the kids from the McDonough Housing Authority and surrounding areas.  W'eve been doing it for almost four years now. We meet every Tuesday at 4 PM.  February will be our anniversary month.  I believe that we've made a difference in that community.  If you get a chance go to our website or check out Youth Vision Builders on Facebook to see what we do.  We are just regular people helping regular people.  I think the biggest thing that we've done is stayed consistent.  Sometimes we don't have a great speaker at our meeting or have any special events taking place, but we just show up for some pizza and good talk with the kids.  We've grown to win their trust over the years.  I've seen a lot of them grow up right in front of my eyes.  We try to instill values, manners, and goal setting.  All our children need is a chance and for someone to take a little time with them.  I know it's tough for many of us because we are on the treadmill of life, but if you ever just get a few minutes take some time and talk to our youth.  Don't just talk to your children.  Speak to someone else's children.  I always figure that if I pour something good into these kids, that the universe will cause someone to pour good into mine as well.  Each one teach one.  It takes a village.  You know what I mean.

Take a look at our latest television segment for our stand-up comedy television show.  It's called "The Women of Gospel Comedy Live."  It's hot.  Check it out and share it with someone.  Tell me what you think about it.  Laughter does the heart good like a medicine.

Peace and God Bless,

Willie Brown

www.cleancomedyclinic.com




No comments:

Post a Comment