Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Burning the Midnight Oil

     I have so much respect for people who attend college or graduate school while working full-time jobs and taking care of their families.  It's amazing what some people go through in this life to reinvent themselves or just to make it to another level.  It's 1:19 AM and I'm just finishing the first three pages of a six to seven page paper for my Pastoral Caregiver class at Ohio Christian University.  So far so good.  I'm making steady progress as time passes each day.  In the midst of doing my school work I am running a booking agency for clean and Christian Comedians, doing shows as they come, being a husband, and taking care of my wife and elderly mother.  I give all of the glory to God.  I could not do any of this without God.  I'm already looking back on some of my hurdles saying how in the world did I overcome that?  But God as Isaac Caree says in his song.  My mom went into the hospital just before Thanksgiving due to a UTI.  It effected her memory, balance, and stability.  She was really in a bad way there for minute.  When she left the hospital she came home and my wife and I had to do almost everything for her.  For a moment it was like having  an adult child.  But for the grace of God.  Thank you Jesus!  We were able to get her into the Westbury Health and Rehab Center in Conyers, GA.  She stayed there for three weeks and came home on Christmas Eve.

What a Christmas present!  My mother coming home was better than any gift that someone could have given me.  My wife prepared Christmas dinner for our combined family.  All of our children were present and we had a great time.  Christmas was much better than Thanksgiving.  The only turkey I had at Thanksgiving was what I used to make my spaghetti.  I ended up going to Golden Corral a week later to eat turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce.

     Well I better turn in because we are on the Daniel Fast at Tabernacle of Praise, and we are suppose to be on the 6AM prayer call.  This will be the third day coming up.  Last night I did not sleep at all.  My stomach must have been talking to me.  Hunger and thinking kept me up all night long.  Some say that when you can't sleep that you should get up and pray.  Maybe that is a sign that God wants to talk to you.

Good morning and God bless.


Picture from the set of "Willie Brown and Friends Gospel Comedy Live" Television Show.  You can watch our shows on our website at www.cleancomedyclinic.com.  Just go there and allow the video to start up by itself.  I think you'll like it.  Let me know what you think.  It's our effort to produce wholesome family programming.



No comments:

Post a Comment