Sunday, January 11, 2015

It's Sunday Post Time

Hello Folks:

It's Sunday, January 11, 2015.  I call it post time, because this is the day that most students who are online post their work to their professors.  And yes I have some work to post as well.  I'm almost finished with my seven page paper on Forgiveness.  It is our final project for Pastoral Caregiver class. We are now quickly moving into Worship as our next class or cohort as they say at Ohio Christian University.  I should be working on my reference page, but I glanced at my blog and couldn't resist.  I had a great day thus far.  I woke up at 8 AM and watched Bishop Dale C. Bronner from Word of Faith on television.  He gave a great message as usual.  Then I fell back to sleep and woke up at 9:48 AM to my son Willie's phone call.  He called me to ask me if I was going to church.  I was feeling so relaxed that I wanted to lay back down in bed, but I knew if I did I would miss service at Tabernacle of Praise International.  So I got up and prepared to attend service.

My wife told me that she would not be going because she waited too late to get ready, and began to make breakfast for my mother.  I then called my son back and told him that I would swing by and pick him up for service.  Church service was off the chain as usual.  It started out with a high sense of praise and worship led by the choir.  Everyone was on one accord.  The music was great and singing seemed to bring down the spirit of the Lord.  I was real excited to see everyone, but mainly to have my son Willie III by my side.  There is nothing better than for a parent to have their older children by their side in worship.  That is evidence that the enemy's plan to prevent your offspring from being in the house of the Lord did not work. And that gives one the strength to clap and shout even louder.  Yes there is a spiritual warfare that we are dealing with in these last days.  We have to fight the spirit through the spirit, and that is through prayer and fasting.  When the disciples tried to remove the demon from the young man in the Bible and could not, they asked Jesus why they were not able to do so.  And Jesus said in Matthew 17 19:21 "howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Therefore, prayer and fasting is the tool that we must use when fighting spiritual warfare.  Prayer and Fasting not just prayer.  Sometimes we've got to push ourselves to do those things that are uncomfortable to get to the place where God would have us to be.  Since this is the beginning of the year many people start with a fast to set the course of the year in a positive direction.  Our church is on the Daniel Fast right now.  I pray for all of you who may be on some type of fast in order to build up your spiritual strength and relationship with God.

Be encouraged.  Be steadfast and unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord 1 Corinthians 15:58.  Until next time I say God bless you and your family.

Willie

p.s. here is a little something to entertain your spirit


No comments:

Post a Comment