Monday, January 22, 2024

The Adventures of Comedian/Ventriloquist Willie Brown & Friends

 Cruise Ship Life


On December 2 through the 16 I was booked on the MSC Seascape to do two
seven day cruises. It was great! I had been wanting to get booked on a cruise ship
for a long time and it finally happened. My agent called me out of the blue and
asked me if I was available and of course I said "Yes I am." So, I left from the 
Miami Harbor around 6 PM on December 16th. It was pretty cool. Here's a glimpse
of what it looked like.




Throughout the cruise we sailed to Cozumel, Mexico, The Grand Cayman Islands,
Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Nassau Bahamas, Old San Juan Puerto Rico, Cay Bahamas,
and to the Puerto Plata, Domenica Republic. I performed two shows the first week
and three shows the second week. The crowds loved it and so did I.



MSC is a very nice cruiseline. In fact, I never even heard of it before I got booked to be on it,
But the strangest thing happened once I received the booking. I started seeing commercials
for MSC all over the place. It was like every single cruise ship commercial was MSC. I 
couldn't believe it. I was on the MSC Seascape and it was a beautiful ship, probably one of 
largest and most amazing ships that I have ever been on.



I put a lot of time into coming up with new routines for a varied audience. When you're 
on a cruise you are performing not just for mainstream America, but for people from
all over the world. MSC is an Italian cruiseline so we had lots of Europeans aboard. There
were so many different languages being spoken that I thought I was on the "Tower of  Babble."
I went into the recording studio before I went out on the ship and worked on a medley
of Frank Sinatra duets along with Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, and a little Gladys Knight
for my Aunt Tee character. The music and bits were a big hit. The crowds loved it. The 
whole experience took me to a new level. I can't wait to get back out there.





Stick around folks there's more to come. I've got lots of stories and pictures from the different
islands and places that I've been. I've been around the world several times performing in various
countries and places. A friend of mine told me that I needed to chronicle my travels. He said to
me "Willie, you've been all over the world performing on stages and on television and film. You
need to let people know what you've already done." I  said " Yeah you're right."  So, this is my effort
to keep you all informed on the many travels and adventures of Comedian/Ventriloquist Willie
Brown and Friends.



Above you will see a picture from Puerto Plata, Domenican Republic. It was a beautiful

view.  

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment