Saturday, January 2, 2016

Starting the New Year in Silence and Solitude

Well we can say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016.  I must say that the year went by in a blur.  The older we get the faster time goes by.  2015 was a very strong building year for me.  A lot was accomplished in the academia world, and in the spiritual realm.  I overcame some big hurdles and ended up looking pretty good in the end.  I have been journaling pretty steady for the past three months due to school.  Our Spiritual Disciplines class makes journaling part of our daily assignment.  I can see my growth from writing and having to complete this daily exercise. I've been writing, but I have not found it necessary to share all of my feelings in this blog.  However, today I will do just that.  As I begin this new year I hope to find more peace and serenity through spending time alone with God in silence and solitude.  The world is so noisy and the volume keeps getting louder and louder in my head.  I have to quiet things down if I'm going to be productive in this new year.  I know that I have been involved in too many activities and my organizational skills need some work.  My wife and I had a lot going on in 2015 with me being in school full-time, running two businesses, and being caregivers for my mother.  Thank God we have been able to get my mother situated where she can have the twenty-four hour care that she needs and deserves. Having my mother at a top notch assisted living facility really helps to take the edge off.  Sherry and I can now focus on doing some of the other tasks that have been overlooked.   We can move forward in this new year towards the things that God wants us to do.  I can finish school, work on The Clean Comedy Clinic Inc., build our Karatbars Business, and work on our television ministry.  With God's help we are going to do a major work in the Kingdom by bringing Christian Arts and Entertainment to the forefront.  The Clean Comedy Clinic Inc. will be one of the biggest platforms for clean and Christian Comedians worldwide.  With focused marketing and execution we will create a household brand that will enhance family entertainment and comedy as we know it.

We are also growing a huge wealth building team with Karatbars International Gold.  I thank God for this awesome opportunity. I was not looking for it, but I am glad that it found me.  We are saving in gold and saving more money than we ever have in our lives.  The simple wealth building program that Karatbars outlines is making a world of difference for us and others.  If you have not taken a good look at this program I urge you to do so.  We are simply building our wealth by saving a gram of gold at a time.  By paying ourselves first we are building generational wealth and showing others how to do the same.  Gold is real money. We are preparing for the next recession or famine.  Like Joseph we are storing up for the future.  If you would like to know more about it just email me at williebwoody20@gmail.com and visit www.therealmoney.info and watch the short videos.  The videos will explain the whole program.  Many people who take a quick glance think that this is like something else that they were involved in, but I'm here to tell you that it's not.  We are not selling coffee, tea, vitamins, juice, legal services, travel, Amway, Mary Kay or none of that.  There is nothing wrong with those products, but what we are offering is gold, 999.9 Bullion 24 Karat. We are teaching people how to save and get out of debt. We don't sell and we don't convince.  We simply sort and look for the people who see it like we do.  Everyone knows that they need to save money, and everyone knows that gold is a valuable commodity that increases in value.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

Now here is my journal for today. I hope this inspires someone to write or think introspectively in this new year.

Saturday, January 2, 2016
I got up at 5 AM and begin to pray.  I thought my wife was going to join me, but she didn’t sleep well last night. She was very restless throughout the night.  Part of the problem was that we went to bed around 8:45 PM, and I was watching the movie “Bad Boys” with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith for the millionth time. Actually the movie was kind of on in the background as I was skimming through a book.  I think the noise from the television was keeping my wife from getting a good sleep. I’m going to have to do better in this new year.  I believe that I will watch television downstairs and when I come to bed I will come quietly.  As I prayed this morning I asked God to be with me and to purify me.  I asked him to help us to be strong during our fast, and to help us to do his will.  As I sit here in my office I began to read the section in Calhoun’s “Spiritual Disciplines Handbook” about silence.  I feel a strong yearning for silence and meditation on God’s word.  Just before writing in my journal I stopped again for ten minutes and was completely silent.  I want to experience this more for myself.  I know that I need to shut down all of the noise so that I can focus on God.  I don’t even need to hear my own thoughts sometime.  I have so much running through my mind each and every second of the day.  There is so much that I want to accomplish and do for the Kingdom of God and mankind.  I feel like I have a lot to offer, and that I’m just getting started.  I know that I need to be still, be quiet and listen.  I need to clean up my work environment and house.  I have a lot of projects that need to be completed like painting and repairs.  I have neglected a lot of things due to an overcrowded schedule, being in school, and traveling.  I need to sit still and have laser focus so that I can really accomplish something major.  Will you please help me Lord?  I need you.  I need your organizational skills, patience, and endurance.  I need to use my energy wisely on this day.  I need to love my wife more.  I need to avail myself to what is important to you.  Help me to grow from this time alone through silence and solitude.  Thank you Father.

Oops don't forget that we have our latest Comedy DVD available titled "Willie Brown and Friends Gospel Comedy Live" Volume 2.  You can order it now at www.cleancomedyclinic.com through PayPal
It's funny and is great for the entire family.  Support our ministry to provide positive images to families worldwide.

ORDER YOUR COPY OF "WILLIE BROWN AND FRIENDS GOSPEL COMEDY LIVE DVD" Episode 2 TODAY!  Go to www.cleancomedyclinic.com or www.williebrownandwoody.com







No comments:

Post a Comment