Monday, November 10, 2014

Six Weeks Into The Masters Of Theology Program At Ohio Christian University

     Well I am six weeks into the Masters of Theology program at Ohio Christian University, a satellite campus located in Morrow, GA.  So far it has been an amazing journey of knowledge, dedication, enlightenment, and intrigue.  First and foremost, I never thought I would be on this path.  If you would have told me this just a few years ago I would have said "you are out of your mind."  I must say that it is a wonderful journey filled with challenges and learning that I have never experienced before.  One of the toughest things for me is to balance work as a full-time Comedian/Ventriloquist with being a full-time student, while being a husband, and taking care of my elderly mother.

     It is the strength and testimonies of others that helps me to continue.  I've spoke to people and have heard their stories as to how they raised babies while attending school and working full-time.  Like the old saying goes "Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger."  I'm going to hold on to my faith in God and see where he leads me. If you want more out of life then you have to be willing to put more into it.  There is nothing more important than learning the word of God and applying it to your life.  We get better one day at a time.  As Yolanda Adams most eloquently sang in her song "the battle is not yours, it's the Lord's."

     Let me not forget to mention how great and supportive my wife Sherry has been. I don't think I could do this without her. She has been the wind beneath my wings.  I would be remiss not to mention her.  And right in the middle of this blog she brings me a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with walnuts, raisin, brown sugar, butter, and milk.  Wow, breakfast for champions!  Thank you Honey.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. It has been great to share this journey with such an amazing fellow believer.You have so much to offer this broken world. Stay strong and encouraged.
    ~Your Classmate LaKeysha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LaKeysha. I really appreciate your encouragement.

      Delete